The Old Books New Science Lab (OBNS) is directed by Alexandra Gillespie and based at the Mississauga and St George campuses of the University of Toronto.
The OBNS Lab brings together undergraduate research assistants, graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, and scholars with interests in new scientific and global approaches to medieval book history; digital text editing and computational approaches to humanities research; and medieval literary studies––especially work on form, affect, and historical phenomenology.
- Learn about how the lab started
- Read more about the lab’s projects
- Meet Professor Gillespie and our team
- Learn about medieval bookbindings in New Zealand libraries
- Visit our latest project, The Book and the Silk Roads